Sunday, January 27, 2008

"And Wink did fuck my girl / I'm still standing here screaming 'fuck the Free World'"

This happened a while ago, but: Politico editors apologize for imposing/advancing fake narratives onto the race. I can't tell if this is a power move like the kind I describe below, since they do implicate themselves along with all the other journalists on the campaign beat -- in fact it might be the opposite.

Still, it strikes me as kind of knee-jerk, since, why exactly did New Hampshire provoke such clarity? Surely they knew about these systemic problems before. It is like when the government decided to start checking everyone's shoes in the airport after they caught Richard Reid.

Also this relates to Doree's point about how people can just say things about themselves now and expect others to accept their flaws because they are up front about them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home