Saturday, March 22, 2008

So anyway I was listening to The Wall last night and...

Weird thing about me is that when I was in fourth grade I was a huge Pink Floyd fan. Like, the hugest! I had all their CDs, and I'd always be trying to get more. My sister turned me on to them I guess? The phase didn't last more than a year before I started listening only to Nirvana. And since then I haven't really come back to Pink Floyd. Except last night as I was going to sleep I listened to the whole first disk of The Wall and marveled at the fact that this band ever existed at all. The Wall sold millions and millions of copies! Honestly a lot of it sounds like opera, I now realize. And the rest of it sounds like Leonard Cohen or The Eagles covering show tunes maybe? How did this music become so popular?? Where did the audience for this come from?

A lot of it is really good BTW.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home