Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Yoga-ass gangster / organic b-a-n-a-n-a-s

Andre 3000 is back to rapping, but all that singing and clapping he did on "Hey Ya" has not left him unchanged. Thanks to D. A. for directing me to this verse, from the remix of "You," a song by some crooner named Lloyd:
I said, "what time you get off?"
She said, "when you get me off!"
I kinda laughed, but it turned into a cough
Because I swallowed down the wrong pipe
Whatever that means, you know, old people say it
So it sounds right.
So, I’m standing there embarrassed
If we were both in Paris
I would have grabbed her by the waist and kissed her, but
We in the middle of Whole Foods, and those foods
Ain't supposed to beef, but you'd think they hated tofu
The check-in line got rowdy, my vision got cloudy
I started seeing circles like some Audi
Emblem; I'm hearing them say, come on man
Do this on your own time, get the hell on, man
I walked out, hm, I got 'bout
Half-way to my car when I heard shorty shout
"3000, forgot your credit card, smart move!
By the way, my little sister loves your cartoon!"
Well, here's my name and numb
If I ain't the one, lose it, if I am, use it
If a man chooses, and he can, do's it
And he don't, don't take it personal, he might be swamped
With making mozarella - no, making worlds better
Cheese will come, believe me, I'm never focused on the cash
Ask Mel Gibson, Jesus Christ, I'm 'bout the passion!
It's an undeniably wonderful verse (with the exception of the last line maybe), but: is this okay now??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home